A hen do before your wedding day is most definitely a big part of the marriage experience. The opportunity to let your hair down with your closest friends, see something or somewhere new and forge lasting memories that all of you will always treasure shouldn’t be taken for granted. If you’re going to have a hen weekend, do it right.
Planning a Hen Do?
With the increasing popularity of the British ‘staycation’ as opposed to a big overseas adventure, finding new and interesting things to do on a hen weekend in the UK is becoming easier. 68%* of hens and stags preferred to stay in the UK in 2014 and with more and more options that figure will surely continue to rise.
Apart from the accommodation and travel, the most important thing to organise when planning a hen do is the activity. You have to find something that fits the budget, is easy to get to and most importantly is fun for everyone in the group.
Great Hen Do Idea
If you’ve got a list of hen night ideas but they all seem a bit samey, The Jockey Club Live has your ticket to the perfect hen do activity: A night at the horse racing followed by an outdoor festival-style gig featuring some of the biggest names in pop. One great value ticket gives you access to the racecourse, an evening of horse racing and a fabulous live music event to close the night.
With live concerts this summer at Aintree, Haydock Park, Carlisle, Epsom Downs, Sandown Park, Newmarket and Market Rasen, there’s loads of choice to incorporate an evening at the races into your hen do. All racecourses are within easy reach of popular hen do locations such as London, Liverpool, Lincoln, and Cambridge. After the racing ends, entertainment from artists such as Bryan Adams, Tom Jones, Busted, Will Young and Mark Ronson will have you dancing and singing for the rest of the evening.
The choice is yours to either relax in the grandstand with a VIP hen do package or cheer with the crowds at the winning post in the late afternoon summer sun. Either way you can make it your very own Ladies Day complete with extravagant hats, a flutter on the races and a glass of champagne when your horse comes in!
5 Tips for the Perfect Hen Do
Make your last hurrah as a single lady memorable for all the right reasons by making these five simple steps to the perfect hen weekend the backbone of your party plan:
- Don’t blow the budget on the travelling. With hen do budgets increasing, make sure you spend your cash on the brilliance, not the bus ride. Pre-book tickets if possible and allow a ‘pocket money’ budget which you can just forget about.
- Find an activity everyone enjoys. Sure a day clambering through the treetops on an adventure assault course might be your idea of fun, or maybe you’d prefer a fancy afternoon tea at a posh hotel? Not everyone will though. “A bit of something for everyone” is the key.
- Make the transport easy peasy. Leaving work on a Friday afternoon and schlepping through rush hour is hard enough without having to travel miles to an activity. Using public transport means you don’t have to worry about parking, petrol money or a designated driver too.
- Have a simple dress code. Of course you all want to dress up – it’s part of the fun! But having an easy theme with enough scope for individual flare will make sure everyone is comfortable. Hats are a great idea.
- Make the most of the outdoors. We all work hard (and mostly indoors) so take advantage of the proven health benefits of the outdoors like reducing stress, increasing happiness-inducing endorphin’s in your body and the vitamin D boosting effects of sunshine.
The Jockey Club Live: Combining horse racing and live music, providing a truly unique and exhilarating entertainment experience, making for the most memorable hen parties! Book your tickets online.
More details and how to get in touch can be found on the Organise A Hen website.